Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Quarantine Life

As of today, my family and I have been in quartine for 35 days. It has proved to be a time of uncertainty and fear. How can we stay healthy? Will out business survive? Will we survive?

There are so many questions and concerns running through our minds. Having my brother, sister, and I all home taking classes online has proven to be quite challenging. We quickly realized out internet could not support all three of us on Zoom, Webex, and similar platforms simultaneously. For me, taking 6 classes this semester and having them switch to online classes has proven to be one of the biggest challenges of my academic career so far. If I told you I couldn't wait for it to be over in a few weeks, I wouldn't be lying. However, I am grateful for supportive and understanding professors.

The challenges of schooling at home and scouring the internet for toilet paper are so minuscule in comparison to the heartbreak and loss some families have had to experience. I am so blessed that my family remains healthy and we have the love and support of each other. I am not going to lie though, I miss HPU and all my friends and classmates. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever of thought this is how my Sophmore year Spring semester would play out.

I will say, I have a deeper appreciation for the simple things in life. Going to dinner with friends, shopping, and the ability to leave my home. I am looking to the future with optimism and can't wait to return to High Point University in the Fall.

Some interesting perspectives on the toilet paper shortage and online education.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90491842/what-the-toilet-paper-shortage-can-teach-us-about-5-leadership-styles
https://hechingerreport.org/college-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/

No comments:

Post a Comment